This activity is a fun way practice identifying letters. It is also a great way to learn about letter names and sounds!
Use our Instant Blackboard to cut your letters to size and then stick them on the floor, wall or even a table. The best part is that our Instant Blackboard is removable and re-usable so you can move the game to different spaces and rooms!
You will need:
- Made by Me Instant Blackboard (comes with chalk)
- Micador A4 Drawing paper
- Micador Stay Anywhere Pen
- Early stART Safety Scissors
- Try making numbers to practise number recognition or simple addition and subtraction.
- Keep the blackboard offcuts and use them as labels for school folders, kitchen containers or toy room boxes.
Step 1: Create your template and trace
Using your stay anywhere pen and ruler, draw your letter template onto a piece of A4 drawing paper. Lay a piece of instant blackboard down on your workbench. Trace around your letter template with white chalk.
Step 2: Make your mark
Use your white chalk to decorate your letters with dashed lines so that they look like road markings.
Step 3: Cut it out
Cut around your letter leaving a small border of blackboard around your white line.
Download this info as a takeaway PDF
Step 4: Get racing!
Construct the letters of your name and play with your blackboard racetrack. Try calling out as many words as you can think of that begin with the letter you’re racing on (think animals, colours, vegetables etc).