Koh-I-Noor Polycolour Artists Coloured Pencils are designed to include all the pencils you need to draw fine-art portraits. Each set contains shades of artist quality, water-resistant coloured pencils, all of which have an excellent to very good lightfastness rating.
The top quality colours contain dense and evenly dispersed pigments that are carefully selected from renowned producers across the globe. They make unique marks beautifully on paper (or on any other another medium) and can be used to build up delicate layers (moving from light to dark) without the necessity of high pressure. Additionally, they can be blended with a tortillon or colourless blender to create a range of effects.
With 3.8 mm leads, the pencils boast longevity that makes them great value for money and because they are made from noble fir wood they are easy to sharpen.
Follow the tips below to expirement with these beautiful pencils and learn some techniques.
- Koh-I-Noor Polycolour Arists Coloured Pencils (we used the tin of 24)
- Micador For Artists Rains Watercolour Paper
- Continue adding darks to help describe the form more (blue and purple in the bottom layers and for the shadows where the pieces overlapped, causing shadow).
- Add directional lines to help the coloured drawing appear 3 dimensional.
- Lighten the green with yellow on the left hand side towards the top.