Download the Summer Bougainvillea line art PDF template here before you begin. We suggest watching the tutorial in full before attempting the painting yourself. This will ensure you understand the process.
- Micador for Artists Brilliant Watercolour Disc Seasons - Summer Collection
- Micador for Artists 907 Premium White Brushes in Sizes 6, 3 & 2
- Micador for Artists Rains Watercolour Paper 230x305mm
- Water - for rinsing brushes
- Paper towel
- Micador Essential FSC® graphite Pencil
- Mixing tray (optional)
Step1: Copy or draw outlines
Use your pencil to copy the line art onto your watercolour paper. You can draw your own oranges and bougainvillea flowers from real life reference or images if you prefer.
Step 2: Paint the fruit
Continue painting oranges using a combination of 'light yellow' and 'orange'.
Step 3: Add leaves
Add the orange leaves. The green will make your bright colours pop!
Download this info as a takeaway PDF
Step 4: Paint the bougainvillea vine
Continue to add bougainvillea flowers and leaves until you're happy with your composition.