Download the Spring Fruit line art PDF template here before you begin, or simply draw your own fruit from reference. We suggest watching the tutorial in full before attempting the painting yourself. This will ensure you understand the process.
- Micador for Artists Brilliant Watercolour Disc Seasons - Spring Collection
- Micador for Artists 907 Premium White Brushes in Sizes 6 & 2
- Micador for Artists Rains Watercolour Paper 230x305mm
- Water - for rinsing brushes
- Paper towel
- Micador Essential FSC® graphite Pencil
- Mixing tray (optional)
Step1: Copy the fruit outline
Use your pencil to copy the line art onto your watercolour paper. You can draw your own fruit from real life reference or images if you prefer. Start adding colour!
Step2: Start filling in your fruit
Continue to build up colour and add some detail in your fruit.
Step 3: Add depth and detail
Achieve a vibrant colour effect by building layers and using multiple colours in a single piece of fruit. Example: use green and yellow for pears and magenta and permanent red for berries.
Download this info as a takeaway PDF
Step 4: Add greenery!
Add lush green leaves in your empty spaces to make your bright fruit pop! If you have additional empty spaces add extra berries and seeds.