With perks like: staff discounts, free parking, group fitness training and yoga, a dog run and getting your birthday off - it's no wonder everyone is keen to join the Micador team!
To see if Micador is the place for you, read about our purpose and DNA
Role and responsibilities
Are you committed to ensuring businesses operate in a sustainable way that protects our environment, plants, people, animals and planet? We are and we would love you to help us on the next stage of our social and sustainability journey.
We are seeking an enthusiastic experienced quality assurance, responsible sourcing and production professional to help shape our 2020 social and sustainability pledge and lead us and our supply partners to deliver. You will work closely with the supply partners, ensuring that they are working to our and customer standards and delivering consistently high quality product on time.
We are looking for a motivated individual who is confident to:
- Develop our ethical & environmental framework and standards
- Enhance our safety and quality framework and standards
- Influence quality supply partners to meet standards and deliver optimal service
- Ensure domestics and international customer requirements are met
- Understand the production process & build strong relationships
- Source and qualify new supply partners
- Maintain our supply partner and product database
- Liaise with third party auditors and testing laboratories
Skills and experience
You enjoy a culture of continuous improvement and have:
- A genuine commitment to improving social and sustainability outcomes
- Min. 3 years proven success in production
- Experience in ethical sourcing including working with third party auditors
- Experience in product safety standards including testing laboratories
- Experience in quality assurance systems including working with third part auditors
- Worked for a consumer goods reseller business
You are a strong and persuasive communicator who:
- Enjoys problem solving with a commercial focus
- Is mature minded and embraces honest communication; and
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritise workload
Current Sedex & FSC experience advantageous.
We design and make an innovative, high quality range of art, craft, fashion stationery, technology and educational products. We are a diverse team of talented individuals who are united in achieving amazing results, and have fun along the way. With already established sustainability and social responsibility systems, working with quality supply partners, we need you to take us on the next stage of our journey to becoming a truly sustainable company.
Culture and perks
With a business purpose to make every experience amazing and a clear values and behaviour framework, our people feel recognised and valued. There is no place for politics or self-interest here.
Be challenged and inspired by an innovative leadership team who is focused on developing the team.
Your market salary is negotiable based on experience with an excellent bonus structure on offer. You also get free parking, group yoga, staff discounts, your birthday off and the opportunity to learn and travel!
Regardless of whether we are advertising a position, If you think you can bring something special to the table, please contact us!
We are always on the hunt for talent.